You matter to God

You matter to God

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Prompting Popping

Isaiah 30:21 "Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, 'This is the way; walk in it."

Crisp colors of leaves,
oranges, maroons, browns, reds fading in. 
Lush of greens gradually fading off, 
soon will be unseen 
except for the evergreens.  
What a lovely scene!
 Fall is in. 
A new season. 

Just like those trees standing still in submission to nature's marvel of change, I am in a new season of my own journey at this time. For six years, I homeschooled my child.  I stayed home full time. It was a season of purging, pruning, molding, of God showing me my self, my inner self. I was confronted by the truth, battled with doubts and fears, living on the edge.  But through it all, God faithfully held me like a mother holding her fragile baby. It was a season of fortifying and witnessing of God's blessings.

Now, my son is in public school. Letting go was difficult. It was a test of trust for me. After six years of being homeschooled, he longed for a company of other kids. I felt like I was on a tug-of-war being pulled in two different directions. Should I continue with homeschooling or let him learn independence and structure in a traditional school setting. Dilemma. My son and I shared treasured moments.  We laughed, we cried, we worked and played hard. We had our fights, arguing who's right. We made memories forever etched in our hearts.  And now we are both in a new season. He loves riding the school bus. He loves meeting new people. New things, widening his horizon. It was a hard decision to let go and let God. But God's loving whisper, leading, guiding, assuring, comforting, showing the way, prompting popping in my ears telling me to be still.

In this season of change, I am in the waiting mode just like how a still tree quietly embracing the beauty happening in the changing colors of its leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment