You matter to God

You matter to God

Saturday, October 13, 2012

For Such A Time As This

Esther 4:14

For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?”


Since that Sunday few weeks ago at our church when the story of Queen Esther was preached, it surely penetrated my thoughts and my circumstances lately.  What am I called for for such a time as this?

When I read the Bible, I always ask myself "what if I was born in that particular time?"  What would be my response in the message that God was telling that generation?  What if I was born on the time of Noah?  Would I believe a flood would be coming or would I be one of those who mocked him and the message of God?  What if I was born during the time when God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah?  What if I was born at the time Jesus was here on earth in flesh and blood? Would I have been one of those who believed?  What if I was Queen Esther; would I speak up for God's people or just kept silent in my comfort zone?  But I was not born on those past generations.  God chose to put me right here, right now, in this generation, in this time of history for a reason.

What is my purpose in this generation that God decided for me to live?  God has an assignment for each of His child to accomplish.  He gave each believer spiritual gifts for His Kingdom purposes (Rom. 12 and 1 Corinthians 12).  It is necessary that we should know the gifts that God has entrusted to us and use them for His glory.  We are entrusted with talents and one day He will hold us accountable of what we have done with those resources.  We are where we are because God placed us there for such a time as this.




No comments:

Post a Comment