You matter to God

You matter to God

Monday, September 7, 2015

My "Seven Cents"

It's my birthday today! Seventh of September.  Seven days before my birthday, I wanted to soak myself in on seven lessons from my daily devotions. Here are the "seven cents" I got:

August 31st:
  • "I believed, and so I spoke." (From 2 Corinthians 4:13, ESV)
Really, if you experience the love of God and you believed, you can't not speak about it! You can't keep the story to yourself. When you have an encounter with the Lord Jesus, you want to share the Good News you had just experienced with Him! There is a fire inside that ignites you to speak about the transformation God made in your life.

September 1st:
  • "Never give up" (From 2 Corinthians 4:16, NLT)
Just like Paul who wrote the book of Corinthians, I don't want to give up on doing the task assigned to me by God. 

September 2nd
  •  My goal in life: to please God (From 2 Corinthians 5:9)
I am a goal oriented person. I write down my yearly, monthly, weekly and daily goals. But what really is the goal of this temporal life? We get inundated with so many things listed in our goals list.  But really, the only goal we have is to please God in all we do.

September 3rd 
  • One day I will stand before God for the good or evil I have done. (2 Corinthians 5:10)
What good can I do today?

September 4th
  •  Work hard for the responsibility that God assigned to me. (From 2 Corinthians 5:11)
 Don't just do things just for the sake of doing them. Work hard with all my heart, mind and strength! I'm serving the King of kings and the Lord of lords. He deserves the best!

September 5th
  • Look at people from God's point of view. (From 2 Corinthians 5:16)
 God looks at the heart. Look at others through God's eyes and heart.

September 6th
  • I am an ambassador! (From 2 Corinthians 5:20)
As a believer, I represent Christ and His message to this world. Is my life showing the love of God?

No comments:

Post a Comment