You matter to God

You matter to God

Saturday, April 20, 2013

When We Believe

          For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)
       

       
     
          For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard. Yet God, with undeserved kindness, declares that we are righteous.  He did this through Christ Jesus when He freed us from the penalty for our sins.  For God presented Jesus as the sacrifice for sins.  People are made right with God when they believe that Jesus sacrificed His life, shedding His blood.  This sacrifice shows that God was being fair when He held back and did not punish those who sinned in the past, for He was looking ahead and including them in what He would do in this present time.  God did this to demonstrate His righteousness, for He Himself is fair and just, and He declares sinners to be right in His sight when they believe in Jesus.  (Romans 3: 23- 26 New Living Translation)



Jesus said:

          "Don't let your hearts be troubled.  Trust in God, and trust also in me.  There is more than enough room in my Father's home.  If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?  When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am.  And you know the way to where I am going."  (John 14:1-3)

         "I am the way, the truth, and the life.  No one can come to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)                             




No comments:

Post a Comment